Sunday, June 8, 2014

Changes


This week was changes, and I received my companion Elder Lomeu... and well it is a little weird having him as my companion, because he looks like a latino, but he isnt a native spanish speaker... so sometimes he doesnt understand spanish exactly perfect...  (for those who are confused, he is from Brazil, and they dont speak spanish in Brazil they speak portuguese)  So along with that I am learning portuguese, and it is a lot easier than it looks...  or sounds... im not sure which is more gramatically correct...  But anyways, I can basically understand everything he says now when he talks in portuguese, but I still have a lot of work to do before I can speak it...  So yeah that is pretty exciting!

Also this week we had some ups and downs...  some of the downs were that we walked a lot because a lot of our appointments fell through, but something good that happened, is that because we walked a lot we contacted a lot... so now we have a ton of investigators to teach so we are super excited for the next week...  But my legs are the most sore right now then they have been in all the mission...  I have walked so much this past week... but it is great..  Because I was able to talk a lot with Elder Lomeu and we have learned a lot about one another...

Also this week we had an investigator that we had been teaching for a little, named Alma, and she and her family had always said that they didnt want to come to our church, but they loved our message...  So that was a little bummer, but this week we were teaching her, and she said that she would like to come to church with us... So last week she was going to come to church, but she didnt end up coming because saturday night every person in her family got sick!  So that was a bummer, but she said that this week she would like to come with us if she is feeling better... So I am super excited for that!

A to finish my scripture is in Alma (i dont remember what chapter but it is 30, i think)  verses 15-18... This talks about the conversion of king Lamoni... It is a great story and his conversion is great... so yeah you guys should read it... 
Elder Stuart out...

No comments:

Post a Comment