Sunday, October 13, 2013

Conference!!

So this week has been just another week in the field.  Not much happened but the things that usually happen.  But I am loving it here in Guatemala.  It is awesome here!!!  

We didnt have the baptism on saturday because of general conference but it is going to be this saturday.  So im super excited for that because we get to do it in the waterfall that I sent pictures of last week, and Elder Brito said that he was going to let me do it.  So I am super excited for that!!!  

Also General Conference was awesome.  But things here are tough to do, because we dont have a lot of the things from back home, like computers...  So we were watching conference on the computers in the chapel that look like they are from the time of Christ, and they were super slow.  But luckily we had two so me and Elder Call, my district leader, got to watch it in english!!  So I actually understood what they were saying when it wasnt buffering.  So that was pretty awesome.  But yeah it was so slow that we didnt get hardly any breaks in between sessions because they were about 2 hours and 45 minutes a piece.  So on saturday we watched conference from 10 until 9 at night with a little break for lunch but not for dinner.  But it was awesome.  But then on sunday we didnt get to watch the whole thing for either session because it was so slow.  So we only saw about half of each.  So that was a little disappointing.  But anyway about conference...  I dont know if you guys noticed this but i noticed it because it was specifically directed to me.  It was said probably around 7 or 8 times that members and missionaries need to work together.  Elder Ballard in the saturday afternoon challenged each member to find one person to have the missionaries teach before christmas.  I also challenge each one of you to do the same.  I know it might be hard and you probably dont want to, because I know I didnt want to when I was home, but it really is easy and the missionaries will really appreciate it if you do this.  I love it when the members help us, all three of them.  It really does make our lives easier and I know that if you do this youre lives and the people you help lives will be blessed through this.  Also another thing I loved was the line by Elder Holland, of course, that says Gods love is ALWAYS there for us whether we deserve it or not.  I know that that is true and that god is our loving heavenly father.  

Thanks for all that you do for me and all the advice that you guys have given me.  My scripture this week is mosiah 2:17, and it says if you are in the service of your fellow beings you are only in the service of you god.  It is important that we serve others with all our heart might mind and strength, because by doing this we are showing our love for God.

Love Elder Jeffrey Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment