Monday, February 16, 2015

This week in Guate...

This week was a pretty good week here in the mission!  I just absolutely love where I am at and I wouldnt rather be in any other place right now.  But anyways this week we were able to have 23 people in church again... and everyone is super excited right now in Cubulco...  there are 4 groups here in Guatemala and President Curtiss said that Cubulco is the example for all the other groups.  And it is the one that has been around for the least amount of time.... so that is some great news!  We are just loving the work here in Cubulco!

One thing that I learned this week is about the importance of doing things in the way of God... not our way..  Some people like to think that they have better ideas of how things should be in church and that one thing, or another, should change.... and it just doesnt work like that.  Our Heavenly Father is so intelligent and so prepared that he has a plan for everything.. not just for us, but for the church, for the world, and everything else that we can Imagine... And when people want to change that plan, it just doesnt work.  We have to do things his way, not ours.  It is something that we have put to the test here in Cubulco.  It is amazing how well it works to follow in God´s plan.  Through strict obedience, comes rich blessings... the blessing that come from following the plan of our Heavenly Father is Eternal life, and immortality... what other blessing could we ask for... 

I have now completed 18 months... and to be honest it makes me super sad... I am not ready to go into the world and leave this spirit that I can feel from being here, doing what God wants me to do.  It literally is the best time our my life.

Love Elder Stuart  

No comments:

Post a Comment