Sunday, May 3, 2015

Changes!

Well they finally kicked me out of Cubulco...  It is super sad for me to leave this place... I really grew to love it! I had been here in this branch for a total of like 11 months.... That is a super long time... and it was so hard for me to say goodbye to the people here yesterday... That is one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do...  But I am going back to the Petén which is kind of exciting but also a kind of sad because it is super hot there right now.. but I guess that I will get used to it.  I am going to a place called Poptun.  Luckily it is the coldest part in the peten, but it isnt cold... It is probably like summer temperatures in utah.. so yeah it will be fun though!  Also I think that it will be my last area in the mission.. (that is so weird to say).  

But anyway about this week in Cubulco... we were able to help it progress here a little bit this week.  The biggest problem that we had while I was here is that I was the only leader here in Cubulco... there were no callings for the members here...  because we couldnt give callings to the Group especifically... but we finally got permission to give some callings out to the members here in Cubulco and they were super excited to get their callings.. so hopefully for the new group leader here it will be a little bit easier for him because there are now callings here.  So that was probably the biggest this that we did this week, is that we had to teach these people what is their calling and how to complete it and all that to prepare the way for the new Elder that is going to come to Cubulco.

Also I am a little bit sad to leave here.. because we finally got the people to start to progress here, and the baptism of Tereso (who got baptized last week) was a big step here in Cubulco.. and there are about 10 more people that will be baptized here in Cubulco in May and June... so I am a little bit sad to not be here for that, but I will be excited to hear about their baptisms in the future!

So that is about all for this week...Love you all!

Love Elder Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment